Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fiesta Chicken Taco Cups

I have been into crescents lately. They are just so buttery and delicious. So I started wondering what else I could do with them other than just the plain ole crescent rolls. I went to Pillsbury's website and found a couple that I like. This recipe comes from that. It is yummy!! Definitely a keeper.

Ingredients:
1 pkg chicken tenders, boiled and shredded
1 1/4c taco sauce
1/2-1/3 c frozen corn
1 (8oz) can Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 TBS yellow cornmeal (or more)
1/2c or more of Mexi blend cheese
*Sour cream, Salsa or sliced black olives if desired

Directions:
Spray 8 medium muffin cups with cooking spray. In Sauce pan, heat taco sauce, chicken and corn until thoroughly heated, on medium heat. *Unroll dough, seperate into 4 rectangles, pressing along perforations to seal. Cut in half to make 8 squares. Sprinkle both sides with corn meal. Press into Muffin cups. Turn edges under, pressing to extend 1/4 inch above the edge of the cup.* Place about 2 TBS of chicken mix into cups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 for 12-17 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

*I did this part while I was boiling the chicken.*


No comments:

Post a Comment