Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beef 'N Noodle's

Hey Guys! I just made MY favorite meal ever, and if you love mashed potatoes and gravy like I do, then you will love this meal as well! :)
I am going to apologize right now because I forgot to take a pictures. I just ate the last of it today too and I totally told myself earlier to take a picture of it before you eat it, but I ate it and didn't take a picture. But take my word for it, it is delicious!

Ingredients:
2-2 1/2 lbs stew beef
6-8 15oz can's beef broth
2-3 beef bouillon cubes
dried onion flakes
garlic salt
1 1/2 bags frozen egg noodles
3lb-5lb bag potatoes
1/2 cup cold water with 3TBS corn starch.

Directions:
(This is a great meal for the crock pot, but can be adjusted to the stove, I will say how to do it in the crock-pot)
Pour the beef broth into the crock-pot. Add the bouillon cubes and stew beef. Then season with the onion flakes and garlic salt. Do this before bed and set it on low, then the beef gets really tender by the time it's dinner time. I would say let it cook at least 12hrs before you want to eat it. A half hour before dinner time add the egg noodles and slowly add the corn starch water, to thicken. Let it sit a couple minutes to thicken a little bit.
While that is finishing cooking, peal and cube your potatoes and start boiling them. *Little trick I learned from my aunt, add a scoop of butter to the top of your potato water and it won't boil over!* Then once they are tender, drain the water, add butter, milk and some salt and mash away.

Once you are ready to eat, take a bowl, pile in some potatoes and top with the Beef 'N Noodles. Then mix around if you would like and enjoy!

**To Make With Chicken**
To do this meal with chicken, purchase 2-2 1/2 lbs worth of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and Chicken broth instead of beef broth. Boil chicken before adding it to the broth in the crock-pot, but then season the same, other than use chicken bouillon cubes, and follow the rest of the directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment