Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

This recipe comes straight from the back of my market pantry old-fashioned oats box. I added the mint chocolate chips as my own creation, I loved it, but my husband said maybe next time leave out the mint... But if you love mint chocolate like me then you will love these cookies! I thought they were great!! So I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

*Makes about 3 dozen Cookies*
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
*1 tsp cinnamon if making cinnamon and raisin variety)
3 cups old-fashioned or quick oats, uncooked

Directions:
Heat oven to 350. Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla on Medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. beat in eggs until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt (and cinnamon if desired) on low speed until well blended. stir in oats. stir in any of the additions listed below, if desired. Form dough into 2-inch balls (about 2 rounded Tablespoons of dough) and place on cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake 16-18 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown and center still appears slightly soft. let cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack, let cool.

Variations:
*2 cups raisins and 1 tsp cinnamon
*2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate candies
*1 1/2 cups flaked coconut and 2 cups butterscotch chips
*1 1/2 cups dried cranberries or cherries and 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips

**To keep your cookies soft after you put them away, stick a piece of bread or two in with them!**

No comments:

Post a Comment